Twist! is a three-level course designed for teenagers who have already met the basic structures of English. It aims to consolidate and build on the English that students have already learnt.
• A high priority is given in each unit to skills work. There are specific sections devoted to listening, reading, speaking and writing. Vocabulary is consistently developed, and there is regular practice in the use of everyday English.
• The material caters for a wide range of ability. This includes optional 'Extra!' activities for students who finish early; a choice of 'revision' or 'extension' exercises at the end of every two units; and two levels of exercise in the Workbook.
• The 'Explorations' section at the end of each issue offers students a choice of project work, enabling them to consolidate language and topic work in a way which best suits their interests.
• A 'Culture zone' section in each issue of the Student's Book provides information about life in Britain and America, and encourages students to make comparisons with their own culture.
• 'Learning to learn' sections in the Student's Book and the 'Learning Diary' in the Workbook encourage students to identify how well they are doing, and which areas need more practice.
• All learners are encouraged to feel they can make a worthwhile contribution, regardless of their level of English.