Усе про книжку The Outlandish Companion Volume 2
DIANA GABALDON is the author of the international bestselling Outlander novels and Lord John Grey series.
She says that the Outlander series started by accident: ‘I decided to write a novel for practice in order to learn what it took to write a novel, and to decide whether I really wanted to do it for real. I did – and here we all are trying to decide what to call books that nobody can describe, but that fortunately most people seem to enjoy.’
And enjoy them they do – in their millions, all over the world. Published in 42 countries and 38 languages, in 2014 the Outlander novels were made into an acclaimed TV series starring Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser and Caitriona Balfe as Claire. The series has now been renewed for a fifth and sixth season.
Diana lives with her husband and dogs in Scottsdale, Arizona and is currently at work on her ninth Outlander novel.
Diana Gabaldon has captivated millions of readers with her critically acclaimed Outlander novels. Now Gabaldon serves up The Outlandish Companion, Volume Two, an all-new guide to Books 5-8 in the series: A Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, An Echo in the Bone, and Written in My Own Heart's Blood
Written with Gabaldon’s signature wit and intelligence, this compendium is bursting with generous commentary and juicy insider details, including:
* A complete chronology of the series thus far;
* Full synopses of A Fiery Cross, A Breath of Snow and Ashes, An Echo in the Bone, and Written in My Own Heart’s Blood;
* Recaps of the Lord John Grey novels: Lord John and the Private Matter, Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade, Lord John and the Hand of Devils, and The Scottish Prisoner;
* A who’s who of the cast of Outlander characters, cross-referenced by book;
* Detailed maps and floor plans;
* A bibliographic guide to research sources;
* Essays on subjects as wide ranging as Outlandish controversies regarding sex and violence, the unique responsibilities of a writer of historical fiction, and Gabaldon’s writing process;
* A guided tour of the clothes, food, and music of the eighteenth century;
* A Scottish glossary and pronunciation guide;
* Personal photos from the author taken on the set of the Outlander series.
As entertaining, sweeping, and addictive as the series itself, this second volume of The Outlandish Companion is a one (or two)-of-a-kind gift from an incomparable author.