Все о книге The Outlandish Companion Volume 1
DIANA GABALDON is the author of the international bestselling Outlander novels and Lord John Grey series.
She says that the Outlander series started by accident: ‘I decided to write a novel for practice in order to learn what it took to write a novel, and to decide whether I really wanted to do it for real. I did – and here we all are trying to decide what to call books that nobody can describe, but that fortunately most people seem to enjoy.’
And enjoy them they do – in their millions, all over the world. Published in 42 countries and 38 languages, in 2014 the Outlander novels were made into an acclaimed TV series starring Sam Heughan as Jamie Fraser and Caitriona Balfe as Claire. The series has now been renewed for a fifth and sixth season.
Diana lives with her husband and dogs in Scottsdale, Arizona and is currently at work on her ninth Outlander novel.
Diana Gabaldon has captivated millions of readers with her critically acclaimed Outlander novels. In this beautifully illustrated compendium, Diana Gabaldon opens a door through the standing stones and offers a guided tour of what lies within. Including:
· Full synopses of Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager and Drums of Autumn
· A complete listing of the characters (fictional and historical) in the first four novels in the series, as well as family trees and genealogical notes
· A comprehensive glossary and pronunciation guide to Gaelic terms and usage
· The Gabaldon Theory of Time Travel, explained
· Frequently asked questions to the author and her (sometimes surprising) answers
· An annotated bibliography
· Essays about medicine and magic in the eighteenth century, researching historical fiction, creating characters and more
· Professionally cast horoscopes for Jamie and Claire
· The making of the TV series: how we got there from here, and what happened next (including ‘My Brief Career as a TV Actor’)