Upstream Intermediate B2 is a modular secondary-level course for learners of the English language at post-intermediate level appropriate for the revised ESOL Cambridge Examinations or any other examinations at the same level of difficulty. The series combines active English learning with a variety of lively topics presented in themed units.
• theme-based units from a wide variety of sources in five modules;
• a variety of cross-cultural topics;
• systematic development of all four language skills through realistic challenging tasks which encourage the learner's personal engagement;
• lexical exercises practising and activating all essential vocabulary including collocations, idioms, phrasal verbs and word formation;
• a variety of authentic stimulating reading and listening tasks;
• realistic, stimulating dialogues featuring people in everyday situations;
• grammar sections covering all major grammatical areas plus a Grammar Reference Section;
• composition analysis and practice on all types of writing with full models;
• a wide range of speaking activities;
• intonation & pronunciation sections;
• Culture Clips;
• Literature pages.
CEF Level: B2.