Upstream Advanced C1 is a modular secondary-level course for learners of the English language at CEF C1 level. The series combines active English learning with a variety of lively topics presented in themed units.
• theme-based units from a wide variety of sources in five modules;
• a variety of cross-cultural topics;
• systematic development of all four language skills through realistic challenging tasks which encourage the learner's personal engagement;
• lexical exercises practising and activating all essential vocabulary areas including collocations, idioms, phrasal verbs, fixed phrases and word formation;
• a varied range of reading texts from authentic contemporary sources, with exercises which encourage learners;
• to read extensively as well as intensively;
• stimulating reading and listening tasks;
• a wide range of speaking activities;
• writing analysis and practice on all types of writing with full models;
• realistic, stimulating dialogues featuring people in everyday situations;
• exam and study skills tips;
• Progress Checks at the end of each module;
• practice in exam-style exercises for all five papers in the CAE exam;
• grammar sections covering all major grammatical areas and more advanced grammar points, plus a Grammar;• Reference section.
CEF Level: C1.