English for Negotiating is an ideal short course for professionals who regularly need to negotiate in English at work. English for Negotiating is part of the Express Series. It is an ideal course for students in employment, who want to communicate better in English. This short, intensive course can be completed in 25-30 hours, so students make progress quickly. English for Negotiating can be used as a stand-alone course, for self-study using the interactive MultiROM, or alongside a coursebook such as International Express.
English for Negotiating has seven units which progress logically through the typical stages of a negotiation process. Every unit concentrates on one fundamental aspect, from the initial preparation to offers, counter-offers, and difference resolution. The 'Negotiating Skills' boxes teach students effective strategies and techniques for negotiating, and the 'Intercultural Skills' boxes give advice on creating a good impression and avoiding problems when working with foreign partners.
• Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject;
• Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies;
• STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities;
• OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection;
• Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book;
• Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice.
Level: Intermediate B1-C1.