English for Meetings is an ideal short course for professionals who need to participate in meetings in English. English for Meetings is part of the Express Series. It is an ideal course for students in employment, who want to communicate better in English. This short, intensive course can be completed in 25-30 hours, so students make progress quickly. English for Meetings can be used as a stand-alone course, for self-study using the interactive MultiROM, or alongside a coursebook such as International Express.
Each unit of English for Meetings addresses a different scenario which students may come across in a meeting. The course is suitable for those chairing the meeting, as well as for other participants. English for Meetings also covers other important topics surrounding the meeting itself, such as initial small talk, and how to follow-up on action points.
• Engaging topics, motivating role-plays, and a variety of exercises provide a framework for each specialist subject;
• Tip boxes in each unit include key language points, useful phrases, and strategies;
• STARTER section at the beginning of each unit has warm-up and awareness-raising activities;
• OUTPUT sections at the end of each unit encourage discussion and reflection;
• Answers, transcripts, and a glossary of useful phrases at the back of each book;
• Self-study material on the interactive MultiROM includes realistic listening extracts and interactive exercises for extra practice.
Level: Intermediate (Mid B1-mid C1).