Tourism 1 teaches pre-work students to communicate accurately in English, within the context of a career in tourism. Tourism is ideal for pre-work students, studying at pre-intermediate to upper-intermediate levels, who will need to use English in work situations. Tourism is divided into three levels: Provision, Encounters, and Management. Each of these levels develops the vocabulary, language, and skills that students will need to communicate effectively with customers and colleagues, whether working in an administrative or managerial role.
• Authentic and up-to date information in every course, written and checked by industry insiders;
• Clear and straightforward structure, with each unit containing a menu of learning outcomes, and an end-of-unit checklist with 'Can do' tick boxes;
• Teaches English in context, so students practise the language and skills they need for the job in real work situations;
• Real-world profiles from genuine professionals in the 'It's my job' section offer authentic and engaging insights into the industry;
• Extra facts, figures, quotations, and specialist terminology included in the top margin of unit pages;
• Additional activities and tests in the Teacher's Resource Book make the course suitable for mixed-ability classes;
• The Teacher's Resource Book provides specialist background to the industry for every unit, as well as industry tips to support non-expert teachers;
• Project work in the Student's Book, additional activities on the Student's website, and a Key words list of essential vocabulary at the end of every unit provide extra opportunities for revision.