Technology is a course for pre-work students studying on technology-related courses, who will need to communicate accurately in English at work. Technology is ideal for pre-work students, studying at pre-intermediate to intermediate level, who will need to use English in work situations. Technology develops the vocabulary, language, and skills that students will need to communicate effectively when presenting an idea to non-specialists, problem-solving, and discussing the latest technological innovations.
• Authentic and up-to date information in every course, written and checked by industry insiders;
• Clear and straightforward structure, with each unit containing a menu of learning outcomes, and an end-of-unit checklist with 'Can do' tick boxes;
• Teaches English in context, so students practise the language and skills they need for the job in real work situations;
• Real-world profiles from genuine professionals in the 'It's my job' section offer authentic and engaging insights into the industry;
• Extra facts, figures, quotations, and specialist terminology included in the top margin of unit pages;
• Additional activities and tests in the Teacher's Resource Book make the course suitable for mixed-ability classes;
• The Teacher's Resource Book provides specialist background to the industry for every unit, as well as industry tips to support non-expert teachers;
• Project work in the Student's Book, additional activities on the Student's Site, and a Key words list of essential vocabulary at the end of every unit provide extra opportunities for revision.