• Streamlined units, now at eight pages. They are easy to navigate, with clearly divided sections.
• Fresh modern design, with an emphasis on maximum clarity on the page.
• Every aspect of the previous edition has been reviewed. There are small changes to make activities run more smoothly, as well as major changes to text and topic.
• The clear, systematic, effective grammar syllabus has been retained, but has been modified where necessary for even greater clarity.
• Grammar Spots highlight key areas, getting students to analyse form and use.
• Up-to-date texts with global appeal reflect changing trends and the use of English worldwide.
• Challenging reading and listening texts from a variety of authentic sources develop comprehension skills and integrate speaking practice, usually personalised.
• Writing now has a separate section at the back of the book, with a fuller syllabus, providing models and follow-up activities.