• Fascinating, authentic material that will capture students' imaginations.
• The 'Test your grammar' section at the beginning of every unit challenges students' knowledge of the language.
• Grammar questions involve students in language analysis, which is practised through a wide range of exercises.
• The 'Grammar Reference' at the back of the Student's Book gives clear, detailed rules of form and use.
• All four skills are developed systematically and integrated through related tasks.
• There are a wide range of manageable listening exercises.
• A well-defined vocabulary syllabus covers systems as well as lexical sets.
• Pronunciation practice is integrated at appropriate points throughout the units.
• The 'Postcript' section looks at everyday idiomatic English and the grammar of spoken English.