Aimed at absolute beginners, this title provides a measured, step-by-step approach that aims to build both skills and confidence. It contains a mix of language work and many practice material that helps learners to consolidate their knowledge of key points before proceeding further. The vocabulary syllabus focuses on high-frequency survival terms.
• New Headway Beginner is aimed at absolute beginners, or those who have learned a little English but lack the confidence to build on it. It provides a solid foundation for New Headway Elementary.
• Its measured, step-by-step approach builds both skills and confidence.
• The right mix of language work and plentiful practice material enables learners to consolidate their knowledge of key points before proceeding further.
• The clearly defined grammatical syllabus includes past, present and future time and provides a thorough basis on which to build.
• The presentation of new language is gradual, methodical and clearly structured, giving learners a clear sense of progression.
• The vocabulary syllabus focuses on high-frequency survival terms and avoids overload.
• The gradual introduction of simple skills work with manageable communicative activities give learners a sense of achievement.
• 'Everyday English' practises social expressions in common situations and shows how learners can apply their knowledge in practical ways.