The Macmillan Topics present interesting factual topics in a fun magazine format, motivating students to read in English. The cross-circular nature of the series makes it easy to integrate school subjects with English language learning.
• Topics related to science, history and the arts provide specialized information and viewpoints;
• A Word File glossary of key vocabulary on each page gives essential "while reading" lexical support, with common American and British English differences noted;
• A check it Out section provides an up-to-date checklist of specialist language, plus useful websites;
• Mini-projects and Investigation Points;
• A light-hearted Quiz page gives more opportunities for discovery and fun.