A story-based course that introduces young children to English first through listening and speaking, and then provides a gentle introduction to reading and writing.
• Happy House is a two-year course that introduces children to English through listening and speaking and then, in the second level, provides a gentle introduction to the written word.
• Happy House introduces children to English through an appealing storyline which combines both familiar contexts and a fantasy world. Children can relate to the characters Polly, Jack, and their baby sister, while also enjoying the adventures of a family of mice that live under the floorboards.
• Each unit follows a very clear pattern which gives children confidence and helps them to learn.
• The course involves children in a process of language learning which is fun and highly motivating. It includes catchy songs, cognitive puzzles, and colouring and drawing activities. Stickers are used in Level 1 to reinforce vocabulary in an enjoyable way.
• NEW – Level 2 provides revision and reinforcement from Level 1, combined with new material to both consolidate and further children's learning as they work with the written word for the first time.
• The new Happy House 1 Activity Book offers optional extra activities and cut-outs to complement the Happy House Classbook.
The Happy Alphabet Book teaches children the Roman alphabet.